Tip: Label Your Projects
Here’s a quick, easy and inexpensive way to personalize your projects, by using a laser printer and the toner transfer method:
The video goes through the method I use to make the labels and apply them to the surface.
A few notes on using this method:
- The solvent is flammable and the fumes are harmful, keep away from open flame and use in a well ventilated area.
- Use standard printer paper for this method.
- This only works with printing done with toner (laser or photocopy). Inkjet will not work.
- It should only be done on unfinished wood, as the solvent will start to dissolve any finish that is already there.
- To protect the label after it has been applied, only use spray finish. Brushing or wiping may smear the lettering.
- It’s recommended that you pick a font that has a “rustic” appearance, as sometimes the transfer is not 100% complete, and this will look more natural. A wide variety of free downloadable fonts are available online.